Manufacturing Engineer Internship
Manufacturing Engineer Internship will perform duties to analyze, develop, and specify manufacturing processes including: operational sequence, tooling, methods, equipment, and controls to efficiently meet quality and quantity requirements of manufactured products. The focus of this position will be to understand and execute manufacturing policies, procedures, processes, and tools.
- Support area assigned Senior Manufacturing Engineer in daily tasks and activities
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements.
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement. Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities
- Learn and understand industry and design authority specifications and how they relate to engineering/planning and manufacturing processes and procedures
- Review incoming orders off the ME rack, determining the issue, finding best course of action to fix, and implementing solution
- Learn Manufacturing Processes and Procedures performed in operations
- Serve as a technical resource for shop floor personnel
- Be open to opportunities to improve or support Ops goals for Delivery, Quality, Cost.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts
- The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and processing knowledge are a strong plus for this position.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, collaborating with team members
- Understanding of machining and NC programming preferable.
- working-knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Value Stream Mapping, Standard operating procedures, Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing is desired.
- Good computer skills, Blueprint reading experience
- Must read, write and speak English.
- Pursuing or completed Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
Polamer Precision Inc., is a global aerospace manufacturing company specializing in complex aerospace engine components for demanding applications. We collaborate with clients to solve challenges in engineering and production. Polamer Precision's approach to aerospace manufacturing is vastly different than other sub-primes in the aerospace industry. We are a positive, forward-looking company with the future on our collective minds. Polamer Precision's efforts present a paradigm shift in terms of what can be accomplished with manufacturing in the United States. Our ability to maximize technological assets while empowering people with the latest tools enables us to compete on a global scale. Whether installing a megawatt solar array or acquiring the latest cutting-edge technology, we strive to improve every aspect of aerospace manufacturing on a daily basis. Innovation and dedication to new technology has resulted in a proven track record of surpassing expectations while consistently setting the bar for what can be accomplished in lean manufacturing. Our relentless pursuit to innovate is at the core of our principles. We have had unprecedented growth year after year with a current employee count of over 240+ and almost a billion-dollar backlog of business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Polamer Precision, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.