The Tooling Manager manages the receiving, verification, and organization of all perishable and non-perishable tooling, fixtures and support parts inventory.
- Monitors order-points, places, and expedites tooling and supplies orders.
- Works from Tool Sheets, Dispatch reports and other documentation to build required tooling kits for manufacturing operations.
- Maintains inventory levels using PLEX ERP System.
- Works with Purchasing to procure perishable and non-perishable tooling at the best terms.
- Quotes special tooling needs for manufacturing process.
- Leads tooling troubleshooting by working with operators, engineers and suppliers.
- Sets the standard for inspection and measurement of tools and equipment for defects and wear.
- Responsible for the delivery of tool kits direct to the machining centers.
- Leads the continuous testing, documentation and recommendation of new tooling and technologies.
- Reviews tooling sheets for standardization, application and usages to ensure best practices.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read and write comments, understand operation sheets, blueprints, and specifications.
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and ERP Systems.
Polamer Precision Inc., is a global aerospace manufacturing company specializing in complex aerospace engine components for demanding applications. We collaborate with clients to solve challenges in engineering and production. Polamer Precision's approach to aerospace manufacturing is vastly different than other sub-primes in the aerospace industry. We are a positive, forward-looking company with the future on our collective minds. Polamer Precision's efforts present a paradigm shift in terms of what can be accomplished with manufacturing in the United States. Our ability to maximize technological assets while empowering people with the latest tools enables us to compete on a global scale. Whether installing a megawatt solar array or acquiring the latest cutting-edge technology, we strive to improve every aspect of aerospace manufacturing on a daily basis. Innovation and dedication to new technology has resulted in a proven track record of surpassing expectations while consistently setting the bar for what can be accomplished in lean manufacturing. Our relentless pursuit to innovate is at the core of our principles. We have had unprecedented growth year after year with a current employee count of over 240+ and almost a billion-dollar backlog of business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Polamer Precision, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.