The Material Handler needs to be thoroughly familiar with the materials, tools and methods of the process they are supporting. By working within the processes this position also requires to be constantly moving and facilitating workflow all the while keeping the workplace clean and efficient. The Route should be systematic, every day the position should have a timeline or a system to go by. Their rounds should be made at regular intervals always checking for finished operations and replenishing operators with the next job or more material. This position is a critical role in making continuous flow and a smoothly functioning Lean system a reality.
- To oversee the workflow processes throughout the company, allocating raw material, physically handling the material to appropriate work centers, attending to problems as they occur
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, job routings, and a working knowledge of the PLEX database system
- Proactively responding to the dispatch schedule and constant communication with production department throughout the workday
- To review alerts on Work Center Inventory Requirements and ensure they align with receiving raw material dates if not already allocated
- Analyzing changes in demand and communicating them to the appropriate personnel, this helps me to keep customer required ship dates current within the ERP system departments
- Starting cycle counts in Inventory control, completing cycle counts- accounting for all physical inventory/tooling in exact locations in PLEX, adjusting inventory as necessary, creating Master Units for Lot Management of materials
- Working with other departments to maintain jobs get to next operation in a timely manner and assisting at control centers when need be
- Always striving to improve customer service metrics scoring to ensure that the company meets its goals.
Polamer Precision Inc., is a global aerospace manufacturing company specializing in complex aerospace engine components for demanding applications. We collaborate with clients to solve challenges in engineering and production. Polamer Precision's approach to aerospace manufacturing is vastly different than other sub-primes in the aerospace industry. We are a positive, forward-looking company with the future on our collective minds. Polamer Precision's efforts present a paradigm shift in terms of what can be accomplished with manufacturing in the United States. Our ability to maximize technological assets while empowering people with the latest tools enables us to compete on a global scale. Whether installing a megawatt solar array or acquiring the latest cutting-edge technology, we strive to improve every aspect of aerospace manufacturing on a daily basis. Innovation and dedication to new technology has resulted in a proven track record of surpassing expectations while consistently setting the bar for what can be accomplished in lean manufacturing. Our relentless pursuit to innovate is at the core of our principles. We have had unprecedented growth year after year with a current employee count of over 240+ and almost a billion-dollar backlog of business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Polamer Precision, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.