The Engineering Manager position will be responsible to direct teams, individual manufacturing programs and process control providing oversight of engineering activities to technical problems. This position level is expected to impact business level objectives, provide minimum 5-7 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing. The selected individual should be considered a technical expert in the design, development and possess experience with customers such: PW, GE and Sikorsky.
- Originates, develops and implements and oversee process designs for new parts
- Assists in product transition from design to manufacturing floor
- Designs, develops and improves new or existing processes/programs/projects
- Performs financial analysis of project design components
- Prepares preliminary and final detail design and documentation for new projects
- Manages and directs design process and revisions
- May be assigned responsibility for managing project obligations, such as management of technical documentation package
for a product
- Manage complex/sized projects, product design, testing, processing, including foreseeing technical problems, resolving
- significant technical problems
- Develops and oversee large, business-critical projects.
- Participates as a team leader in specific broad engineering assignment
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Defined engineering approaches, planning and scheduling work
- Mentors less experienced engineers
- Establishes positive engineering relationships within aviation industry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and longer-term projects
- Good analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Minimum 5-7 years of airframe component design experience
- Knowledge and extensive experience with Engineering Source Approval a must
- Preferred Green or Black Belt Certified
- Education Requirement: BS Degree in Engineering
Polamer Precision Inc., is a global aerospace manufacturing company specializing in complex aerospace engine components for demanding applications. We collaborate with clients to solve challenges in engineering and production. Polamer Precision's approach to aerospace manufacturing is vastly different than other sub-primes in the aerospace industry. We are a positive, forward-looking company with the future on our collective minds. Polamer Precision's efforts present a paradigm shift in terms of what can be accomplished with manufacturing in the United States. Our ability to maximize technological assets while empowering people with the latest tools enables us to compete on a global scale. Whether installing a megawatt solar array or acquiring the latest cutting-edge technology, we strive to improve every aspect of aerospace manufacturing on a daily basis. Innovation and dedication to new technology has resulted in a proven track record of surpassing expectations while consistently setting the bar for what can be accomplished in lean manufacturing. Our relentless pursuit to innovate is at the core of our principles. We have had unprecedented growth year after year with a current employee count of over 240+ and almost a billion-dollar backlog of business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Polamer Precision, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.