5-Axis CNC Programmer
Position: 5-Axis CNC Programmer
Employee Type: Full-Time (1st Shift)
Create programs for CNC Machine tools from blueprints, customer supplied data, and Solid Model files. Primary go-to for Operators, in the set-up of complex tooling programs. Set up and operate all types of standard or specialized machine tools to fabricate complex tooling and interrelated mechanisms or fixtures. Suggest and help implement cost reduction and quality improvements.
- Prepare CNC programs for multi-axis CNC Milling and Lathe equipment.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to debug and optimize the programs.
- Primary interface between Engineering, Customer Service, and Manufacturing. Advise and assist in developing the manufacture of complex tools, interrelated mechanisms, and fixtures.
- Make recommendations to designers and engineers for product design enhancements and manufacturability.
- When required, work with customers to resolve CAD data technical issues to ensure total customer satisfaction and defect free delivery.
- Set up, operate, and adjust all types of machine tools in performing complex assignments requiring a high degree of accuracy and precision on products having complex interrelated dimensions.
- Assist the management functions with questions related to programs, set-up, and tooling used in the manufacturing process.
- Handle various special projects as assigned by management.
- Education: ASME with a minimum of 5 years of relevant CAD/CAM experience. 5-10 years of hands on CNC programming (2D and 3D) using Master Cam. Surface modeling experience in Solid Works and Solid Edge.
- Skills / Technical Knowledge / Experience: Requires analysis of tool room machine capabilities and limitations.
- Knowledge of material properties of various metals and plastics is required. Set up and operate CNC Mills and Lathes.
- Proficient with horn tuning issues, such as pre-tuning, final tuning, and multiple frequencies.
- Requires analysis and interpretation of drawings and complex mechanical tooling design blueprints of a highly technical nature.
- Good communication skills with engineering, manufacturing, customers, etc. to exchange information or receive clarification of design specs or concepts, to complete job assignment. High mental and visual effort required.