Position: CMM Programmer
Employee Type: Full-Time
CMM programmer is a first shift position, based in our New Britain, CT facility. This position allows you to learn new programming techniques and expand your knowledge while working with the industries newest, cutting edge, technologies. Work as part of a team of programmers responsible for producing excellent quality, highly efficient, OpenDMIS CMM programs. Daily responsibilities include, creating offline and testing new CMM programs, troubleshooting and editing existing programs, and supporting the Inspection department, in an extremely fast paced environment. Polamer Precision CMM programmers, have the opportunity to work alongside the best, and brightest minds, working in Aerospace today.
- Ability to read and understand Technical Data, i.e. Blueprint, Operation sheets, Inspection reports, etc.
- Proficient in the use of precision measurement equipment
- Detail oriented / Mechanically inclined with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Team player
- Good Communication, verbal and written (English)
- Excellent time management and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) knowledge is essential
- Visual Basic Scripting or Excel VB programming knowledge preferred
- Ability to comprehend and apply advanced mathematics
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to resolve practical problems
- Performs duties as requested, directed or assigned by supervisor
- Strong analytical, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programming Experience - DMIS Language preferred (2 years minimum)
- Aerospace Layout / CMM Inspection Experience (4 years minimum)
- Understanding of Quality Management Standards such as ISO 9001 and AS 9100
- Understanding High Level, Code driven, computer language
- Understanding how to program Offline using a CAD model
- Strong computer-based applications skills: Microsoft Office and ERP (Newest Tech./Cloud ERP system will be provided)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Polamer Precision, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.