Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Position: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Employee Type: Full-Time (1st Shift)
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is designated for experienced Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer with 5-7 years of experience, possess technical experience in design, development and familiarity with customers such: PW, GE and Sikorsky. The employee should be capable of proposing new technology and/or program directions in support of business unit objectives. Knowledge and extensive experience in Engineering Source Approval a must.
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer will optimize and document all aspects of manufacturing processes by identifying improvement opportunities and applying simpler, faster, cost effective and reliable methods
- Create and maintain travelers and work instructions for new parts, and assemblies as well as modifications to existing products
- Experienced manufacturing knowledge of raw material control, manufacturing process, laboratory testing, heat treating and other processes
- Identify new equipment, tool designs, and processes to improve consistency, accuracy, and cycle times
- Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing
- Champion to use of Process controls to measure capability, reduce variability and overall improve the quality of the product
- Drive and support Lean Manufacturing techniques in the shop including process mapping, set-up time reduction and overall waste reduction
- Strong focus on maintaining internal and external customer satisfaction and quality
- Participate as a team leader in specific broad engineering assignments
- Mentors less experienced engineers
- Establishes positive engineering relationships within aviation industry
- Lead and implement safe work practices and environment
- Must have excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Familiarity with latest technologies and equipment used in manufacturing processes
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience using: NX, Unigraphics and SolidWorks Software, Mastercam
- Knowledge of Raw Materials
- Knowledge of mathematics, algebra, geometry and calculus
- Team leading ability
- Good Problem-solving skills
- Ability to detect problems
- Team leading ability
- Bachelor's Degree in manufacturing engineering
background of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Polamer Precision, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.